Friday, September 21, 2012

Discerning Women



Times have changed greatly and it is hard for a Christian woman to discern the truth in a culture that  tends to blur the lines. I remember as a young Christian mom naively thinking all books in my local Christian bookstore were all trustworthy from faithful sources and saddened when I learned that false teachers were also mixed in with the bunch.

I liked these posts I came across not too long ago which reminded me of how I felt as a young Christian having to sort out what would be good influences and what I would need to be careful about.

Sarah over at Joy-Filled Days wrote:



and I also found this one interesting and would like to hear your thoughts on it:





I don't agree with everything she says here ( perhaps the painting of young moms with a broad brush but maybe that has been her personal experience) but she does hit on some very good points. As a mother with an adult child, and of course my other seven,  I am encouraged by women who have gone the path of raising young adults before me as this post definitely helps younger mothers to understand older women.


Do you struggle with discernment?

What do you think women struggle with most in the area?







Note: While we occasionally share links to other posts we do not always share or endorse everything on their sites.





















Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox or RSS feed! Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment