Monday, June 6, 2011

Homemaking Pleasures



Some of the most pleasurable things in life are the simplest things. I love when I get into a homemaking 'mood' and start to tend to the little details of making a happy and enjoyable home. I recently received this set of plates and it just makes our home a cozier place and eating a basic meal a delight.



A bouquet of roses or simple flowers livens up a room and invites a welcoming fragrance...
whether new from the store or freshly cut from the garden.

And speaking of gardens---I have put in onions, brussel sprouts, lettuce, tomatoes, potatoes, beans, broccoli, sunflowers in my garden so far.  I would love to plant dwarf apple trees, blueberry and raspberry bushes and grapes. I think I would also like to add another vegetable plot to the yard but we will see...how are you doing?

There are so many possibilities for summer. I am so looking forward to the lazy days and baking in the sun. To really enjoy the slower pace and to enjoy time with my children and to practice my hand at some good ole country recipes...


(Paula Deen's Chicken Pot Pie)


 Homemaking is so enjoyable when you relish the small joys it brings.

What aspects of homemaking do you find pleasurable?






No comments:

Post a Comment