Thursday, October 20, 2011

Will We Fight For Them?

Today's we are featuring a guest post by Michelle from  She Looketh Well...



I had quite a sobering conversation in my head yesterday.  

Yesterday I sort of reached the ‘end’ of my limit with a certain teenage son, who simply is going through what I would call typical ‘growing up pains’.  Each of his brothers before him did too, I know this, but somehow forget and get frustrated.

My normal M.O. is to just get ticked and say, ‘fine, figure it out on your own then.’  (yes, I know not so spiritual nor mature)  I want to just wash my hands of the whole stinkin’ mess.
Well, I called Brian, ranted something about ‘just being done with him’.  I believe I let him know that this particular son was HIS, and I was just done.  He, of course, was shocked by my words and encouraged (begged) me to stop the foolishness coming out of my mouth.  I just sat there and stewed while he talked.

When we got off the phone I went about my business, still stewing and a brewing, repeating my above foolishness in my head.  What I heard next just about stopped my in my tracks, literally.

“So, you’re done?  Well, you might as well be putting him right into the hands of the enemy.”  Giant gulp!  I literally could picture just handing my son over to the enemy because I was too selfish, lazy and prideful to deal with everyday issues!  Ugh, it pains me now to even think about it.

Roaring-African-Lion

If we don’t fight for our children, who will?  There is an enemy who prowls around seeking whom he may destroy.  He comes to steal, kill and destroy.  A very REAL vicious, relentless killer after our children and I am willing to just say, ‘forget it, too hard, don’t want to deal with this today’???  

NO!!  I am not willing to give up!  I choose to fight with every ounce of my being.  I will not let the enemy take my children on my watch.  If we don’t fight for them, who will, ladies, who will?

Yep, I repented yesterday.  I told God I see that I am wrong, I don’t really have the fight and the love in me to battle this, but I know that He does and I am counting on HIM to equip me.

Let the very cry of our hearts be . . .

Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. (2 Timothy 2:10)

May we be willing to endure ALL things for our children’s sake!





Thank you, Michelle for your encouraging words to keeping us focused on fighting for our children!
You are a blessing!



*****************

Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox. Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.


No comments:

Post a Comment