Thursday, November 15, 2012

Happy Birthday to My Daughter



Today is my sweet daughter, Janai's 20th birthday. I cannot describe to you what a blessing she has been to me over the years. She is growing into a lovely mature young woman right before my eyes.

But yesterday I was at the store buying some gifts for her today and I just stood there and it all came crashing down. The realization hit that my daughter is now twenty and all I wanted to do was cry. I had to fight back the tears in my eyes.

Not unhappy tears, but tears of "where did it all go?" "why did it go so fast?" and "why can't I just stop time right now?"..........

Even as I sit here typing the tears come flooding again. 



Flashes of holding hands and going on walks to Baskin Robbins for ice cream. Memories of doll playing and long talks. The years of precious childhood quickly fled my grasp like the wind.



She has the biggest heart and loves everyone. She loves when no one else loves.




Most importantly she loves HIM.






And she is His. 



Thank you Lord for this blessing of this special daughter. Please watch over her all the days of her life and help her to continue to grow in you.  Continue to give her the wisdom and discernment that she will need in this life and follow you all the days of her life. Keep her from evil and bless her with many more years walking with you.



 Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox. Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.











No comments:

Post a Comment