Monday, July 18, 2011

Encouragement for Discouraged Mothers Battling Illness



Two years ago I woke up on New Years day with a high fever--from that day on began a long three month journey of illness that turned our entire household upside down. I was confined to a couch/bed and could barely walk or speak. The Lord had taught me so many valuable lessons at the time, especially how fragile life was and not to take health for granted. If you are going through something difficult like this in your life, battling with chronic illness or just being sick for a period of time, I know you can relate and I know what it is like. I came across an article from Noble Womanhood that I thought would encourage you.

Jen writes:

"If I can do nothing more than lay in bed I can do it with a good attitude and  a smile for them when they come in the room. I can still provide a happy atmosphere in the home.  I can avoid complaining, I can praise them for the extra work they have to do while Mommy is sick, I can encourage them to be a help to Daddy with a good attitude, I can admire the cards they bring me, I can speak to them kindly. I can point them to the faithfulness of our Heavenly Father and the lessons we are learning through this trial.  I can glorify God and point my children to Him by the way I conduct myself in times of trial and adversity. I can walk with the Lord even when my body can barely move–and it is absolutely imperative that I do so."

Read her whole story here:




Also, if you are struggling with illness--please leave a comment here, as we would love to pray for healing for you.


**********************


Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox or RSS feed! Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment