Monday, February 13, 2012

Looking at Your Husband with New Eyes


I am typing this post out at a very special place. Me and my husband went on a romantic getaway last night to a charming bed and breakfast to celebrate Valentine's day!

I want to share some reflections of what I have learned from 20 years of marriage. I want you all to listen carefully:

Marriage is definitely something that needs works on. It is lovely and needs attention cultivating. Not just when you are newlyweds but especially as the years go by. It is so easy to let the worries and cares of life sweep in and distract you. It is easy to neglect your marriage and let it run on autopilot. But ladies, I encourage you to do something special and actually care for your marriage. Take the time to do the little things, because it is the little things that count. Don't ignore the fact that your marriage is not doing well if it is. Do something about it!

We need to look at our husbands with new eyes. Yes, he is the protector, provider and priest of our homes and we need to acknowledge that. We need to protect our hearts from any ungodly thinking or bitterness towards him that might creep in. We need to take ungodly thoughts captive and then take action in loving.

Special things you can do to let him know he is special:

  • make his favorite meal
  • surprise him with his favorite book/special present
  • give him a massage
  • write him a special note telling him how much you love him
  • plan a surprise outing/getaway to focus on just the two of you
  • throw him a party
  • pamper  him when he gets home from work
  • honor him in front of him by telling the children (his parents, friends, or anyone else) what you love about him
There is so much more but pray and ask the Lord what your special "gift" could be--then really do it!




Above all things, remember to REALLY LOVE him with agape love (unconditional love):

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails....And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

-1 Corinthians 13

I am so blessed to have my husband. The Lord has turned our ashes into beauty and where else could I find a man that truly loves and understands me, loves to write and enjoys churchplanting as much as I do? Only God could have done that and for that I am grateful!

Now if you are looking for a place to getaway for Valentine's or just for fun, I recommend the Inn at Aberdeen where I am typing from right now. Here is a video of the place for you to enjoy:











(Note: please turn off the music at the bottom of the page!)

I smell breakfast ready so I'd better get going!

Have a blessed day!

**********

We are linked at Far Above Rubies
& Raising Mighty Arrows

















Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox. Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.






No comments:

Post a Comment