Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Reflections


Dear ladies,

How was your Mother's day? I hope that it was wonderful.  Mine was INCREDIBLE---we ended up visiting a church we attended in the past for almost a decade. We took free Mother's Day portraits there, connected with several old friends and got to hear a life changing message! I wish I could share it all with you here, I was hoping that since the church livestreams I would be able to link to the message but they don't have it up just yet so when and if they do, I will share it with you then but until they do that I will just share some of the highlights here. A few great points were:
  •  We need to speak verbal affirmation into our children at all times and not grow weary. We are the major influencers in our children's lives whether they are young or adult and we can not forget the power before our words to define them and mold them into the people they will become. 
  • We need to give them physical love even though we might not have received it ourselves. We need to hug, pat on the back, etc. because if not they will seek it somewhere else.
  • We need to speak spiritual blessings into their life purposefully.
  • We need to not just speak into the lives of our children but also our grandchildren.
  • We cannot make excuses, we control our actions
  • It is never, EVER to late to begin doing any of these things above and begin powerfully impacting the lives around us
And then at the end, Pastor Mark invited all of the women up to the altar and prayed powerfully over them. He prayed with authority, love, compassion and much like a spiritual father over the women and pouring blessings into their lives. I saw the faces of the women standing there---so many broken, so many crying and hugging eachother, and many never having a man pray like that over them. I'm telling you, it was very hard to hold back the tears. You could just imagine the men who have failed them in the past, the father's who were not present, the love that was not available. My heart cries out for these women and I am so happy that the Lord stands in that empty abyss of our hearts and showers abundantly perfect love and grace over each and every one of us.

It was great hearing a message like that---powerful and life changing. I never want to forget that there are lives out there that need transforming and aching to hear the life giving hope the Lord offers to us. To see others and myself greatly reaping from and fully immersed in the refreshing waters of God's truths. I don't ever want to become complacent in my faith or become too*religious* that I lose sight of his true work around me.

Later that day I enjoyed Mother's day and celebrated two birthday parties. I felt so blessed. Blessed to have friends, blessed to have family, blessed to have an amazing husband that I never deserved and just so thankful to God for all of his undeserving goodness.


I hope your day was as special as mine. I don't think I will forget about it anytime soon. I pray that it will resonate and linger with me until the day that I die, sparking a wild fire that reaches the ends of this earth and will ultimately never die out.




***************************

    No comments:

    Post a Comment