Friday, May 6, 2011

The Overwhelmed Mother


As mothers our jobs can become very overwhelming. Sometimes we need clarity and focus--while other times we just need to lower our standards, extend to ourselves grace, forgive ourselves when we fail, and pick ourselves back up off the ground and start over! 

We ALL go through this, and we need to be aware of imperfections (which is why Christ died for us after all) and not surrender ourselves to defeat (Satan would like nothing better). Sadly, there is little encouragement out there for Christian mothers and much less to emulate out in the world. However, I am always happy to share good resources here to help mothers. I know there were times that I, myself,  felt utter defeat but a good, timely and encouraging word was always helpful to my rejuvenate my spirit. 

I wish I could hug every single one of my readers out there. I don't know what you are going through, but I can imagine. Some of you have written me sharing your hard times and tough situations--sometimes it can be so much that it can truly disillusion a godly wife and sap the very strength from her.  But remember that our strength comes from the Lord and do not become weary in doing good because in the end you will reap a harvest of righteousness. 

A victorious household is not one that is perfect. A victorious household is one where we lean and rely on God. We cannot do this grand task before us without Him. A victorious household humbles itself and allows God to lead.

I'd love to have each and everyone of you over for a cozy chat over coffee---I  would share with you some valuable sources of inspiration and teaching, and tools to help strengthen your family when the going gets tough such as these that has encouraged me in the past such as these:



Teaching Your Daughters to Cherish Being Keepers at Home 
 While this is a resource for teaching daughters, it helps remind mothers about where there heart should be, especially if it has gotten off track .



For those who struggle with time management and priorities or just need refocusing this is a good listen.



It's always good to get a good understanding of how the world influences our families. This resource helps us to look critically at the influences around us and to take action. While this will look different for every family, I think it will spark good conversation and starting point for how differently we could live our lives. 

(Note: This entire collection is currently on sale for 30% off and just $21.00, each CD separately is $10 and if you want to listen to a sample just click on any of the links above)

My heartfelt prayer is that mothers around the nation would yield themselves to our Almighty Father and find the joy and freedom that comes from serving Him as they love their husbands and children and manage their homes to his glory. To fully understand that it is a holy work that we offer up to Him as a daily sacrifice.

May God bless the fruit of  your hands abundantly!




*****************************



No comments:

Post a Comment