Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Godly Character


Godly character should always be the focus for every Christian and even more so for the Christian family. Yesterday I shared a valuable resource for teaching our children godly character and today I am sharing quotes on godly character from some godly Christian leaders:


Character is what a man is in the dark 
--D.L. Moody

A man should be like tea;
his real strength appearing when he gets in hot water.  
--Unknown

If I take care of my character,
my reputation will take care of me.  
--D.L. Moody

He is rich or poor according to what he is,
not according to what he has.  
--Henry Ward Beecher

We choose what attitudes we have right now.
And it's a continuing choice.
--John C. Maxwell

Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother
in the molding of character in her children. 
--Billy Graham

Character is always lost when a high ideal
is sacrificed on the altar of conformity and popularity.
--Charles Spurgeon

A good character is the best tombstone.
Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots have withered.
Carve your name on hearts... not on marble.  
--Charles Spurgeon






Have a blessed week!



*********************


Are you encouraged here? Then subscribe and get free updates sent to your email.




No comments:

Post a Comment