Monday, April 2, 2012

Quietness in the Everyday




“Be still, and know that I am God. 
I will be exalted among the nations,
 I will be exalted in the earth!"

-Psalm 46:10

As we wake up and face the Monday morning rush, I want to share about something that is important for our hearts and souls--finding the quietness in the everyday.

I have found that it is easy to start the day off finding quietness in my household by doing a few simple things. I can start my day off with prayer--quiet prayer between me and the Lord. Seeking that time of "being still" and not having a hurried heart or an anxious heart is a wonderful way to start the week.

I also make sure to get time in the Word-- to really reflect and meditate on its meaning. No pressure to perform just rolling it around in my spirit and refreshing my soul with it. I find when I don't take the time to do this, my day can be sorely lacking.

Soft music, usually Pandora, in the background and glowing lights from my silk tree in the corner of my bedroom. The aroma of hot steaming coffee on my nightstand.

While the week of Easter lies ahead and promises to be a very busy, I want to make sure I connect with the Lord at a heart level, to fill my cup and let it be over flowing to my household today and the rest of the week.

No rushing, no frantic pace---no pressure.

Just me and the Lord.

Listening to His voice, His direction.



Have you had your special time with Him this morning?



**************


















Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox. Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.

Psst--the NEW Lilla Rose clip for April just came out today:





Don't forget our beautiful Lilla Rose Giveaway is still going on (and Buy One Get One Free) limit one coupon per household.

No comments:

Post a Comment