Friday, December 16, 2011

It's All a Lie


The world tells me that to be happy I need to drive a nice car, wear beautiful clothes and have plenty of me-time. I need to strive for the body of a 21-year-old and live the American Dream.

And the last time I saw Oprah she wasn't interviewing a housewife who told how she scrimps, saves and eats beans and potatoes in order to stay home and wipe noses.

The cover of Glamour magazine never features a housewife who denies herself praise and prestige in order to be the keeper of her home, and Cosmopolitan won't tell me how to be an excellent wife and the crown of my husband.

We cook countless meals, wash the same laundry and repeat the same non-glamorous tasks day after day and don't receive any accolades. The only thing many of us will receive is scorn from the world who has no eyes to see that the daily dying, the investment in our children, will be the future of the Church.

But God sees all.

He sees every hot meal you make, then eat cold. He sees every tear you cry when you are exhausted. He sees every diaper you change and every slow reader you refuse to give up on. He sees you draw close to that unlovable child. He sees you go the extra mile in cleaning that bathroom as you do it as unto Him. He sees you share the gospel daily with your family by the choices you make, the lines in the sand you draw, the life you have chosen.

You are serving Him.

And He will reward you. Maybe in this life, as your children may one day rise up and call you blessed. But certainly in the one to come.

His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.' Matt. 25:21





-This is  a guest post by Bambi of In the Nursery of the Nation.


I am an ordinary, homeschooling mom to seven children.  Our eighth child will, Lord willing, be joining us in March!  We are a Texas-loving, Texas-abiding family who loves Jesus as well as good books, strong coffee and the outdoors.  Oh, we also love babies.  Lots of babies :)

I enjoy spending my time learning about reformed theology, the doctrines of grace and solid Biblical truth. I don't have all the answers nor have I "arrived".  Like you, I am a wife and mother in need of torrential grace. I fail every day...many times in fact.  But the Lord is faithful and His mercies new every morning!


“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” – Phil. 4:8 


*****************

Don' forget LAST DAY for the Vision Forum sale!
Get a free Courageous CD with orders over $75 and $5 Flat shipping!














Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox. Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.









No comments:

Post a Comment