Monday, August 6, 2012

Creative Homeschool Curriculum Planning

 Have you started your homeschool planning yet?



I have started and today I am participating in this:


It's a great place to get your creative juices flowing in planning your curriculum, homeschool room, and overall just getting inspiration for your new school year!

As I began to reflect over this new school year, I know the Lord has been urging me to make this year very different from the others. A "homeschool as  if it is your last year" approach, followed with "do it with your whole heart for your children with not be with you forever" kind of tugging which I am grateful for, especially after homeschooling for 15 years.

I have ordered our books and will once again be using an eclectic style curriculum for my children. But it is not about the books at all.

It is about everything else. 

Our hearts entwined, teaching them to explore, influencing the formation of their character, the imparting of wisdom and instruction in the Lord, creating an engaging atmosphere, the whole living to learn and gaining real life experience, and passing on a legacy...


SO different from what I remembered in the classroom, I am grateful for a chance to change that!

Homeschoolers are blessed in their freedom to approach education with thinking that is"outside of the box". The sky is the limit and we are not limited by any educator's scope or philosophy.




With that said I want to share with you two posts that really blessed me this morning. One was by Lillibeth of The Pleasant Times. I love how she shares with passion her heart on what she will be teaching this year AND her past homeschool experience being taught by her mother, whom is Lady Lydia over at Homeliving. Here it is:



And also another article that will bless you over at Visionary Womanhood:




I couldn't have said it better myself! 

I hope you are encouraged!

And if you are looking to ease your mind about curriculum choices I recommend this:





Curriculum Advice (2 set CD)

(Now on sale for 30% off) 


I hope you will find it as helpful as I did!






 






















Are you encouraged here? I personally invite you to subscribe and get the latest posts sent to your inbox or RSS feed! Also, connect with us on Facebook and Twitter and get updates that are not posted here on the blog.












No comments:

Post a Comment